[Coco] CoCo 3 modern monitor solutions

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Jun 8 15:22:44 EDT 2019

> On Jun 7, 2019, at 5:38 PM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 10:31:40 -0500
> Sean <badfrog at gmail.com <mailto:badfrog at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Christopher Hawks made an RGB to S-Video adapter that worked very
>> well, but then again, is s-video 'modern' anymore?  I don't think
>> there are any new TVs that have that input.
>>

>    That's why I don't make them any more.

I have the HawkSoft one too. I just don’t have any way to demonstrate it. On CoCoTALK someone said Ed Snider is selling SVHS adapters too.

Maybe what I need to find is a monitor that also has SVHS (a digital TV instead of a monitor) so I could compare more things.

For CoCo 1/2 games, nothing beats true composite or using the SCART box interface.

For text, not sure yet. I have to find a good SCART box. What I see would be “wow, this is GREAT!” if I didn’t have something better to compare it to.

		— A