[Coco] Video band width and accessing video memory

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sun Jun 2 18:24:53 EDT 2019

Just one other thing to keep in mind is that the access to the video memory is not necessarily limited by the CPU bus speed. It’s just a requirement that the video subsystem reads memory during the 1/2 of the cycle when the CPU is not accessing memory. If the RAM was fast enough (which it’s not) the video system could feasibly do multiple reads of memory during that 1/2 cycle and buffer them up.

Dave