[Coco] Home Published (WAS: NitrOS9 and 6309 code)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Jun 1 11:11:16 EDT 2019

> On Jun 1, 2019, at 10:08 AM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> It created its own internal system calls. So the stack offsets to get register values were wrong when running in native mode.

How did it do that? Can that be done with a system call, or did it include some kind of kernel extension in the boot?

OS-9/ARM today is using a kernel extension for managing the GPIO pins. That way, drivers have an API to use during their Init() routine for setting up the hardware. (Where I last worked, we did everything manually, so there was main init code that would set up all the pins, then individual init routines for DMA, UARTs, etc. that would … not … making it hard to track down what was going on. Microware did it better.)

		— A