[Coco] What are the rules for naming basic09 variables ?

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 19:51:46 EDT 2019

I will have to dig out my Basic09 reference and look again. I could swear
it says variable names are limited to 29 characters, but I could be
mistaken. It's been awhile since I read the manuals. It could be you're
correct, because Basic09 replaces text names with 3-byte references. Before
packing it keeps a list of variable names for displaying the source
statements in the editor. I am still trying to understand the format of the
lists that Basic09 creates when it loads source code.