[Coco] BASIC09 Compile

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:22:23 EDT 2019

Basic09 is not a compiled language, but it does have what you ask. It's
called packed i-code. I-code stands for intermediate code. It produces an
executable module that uses the RunB runtime program for execution.
Multiple procedures in the Basic09 workspace can be packed together into a
single merged module file. To use this feature, load your source code into
Basic09, ensuring all errors have been corrected. Then, from Basic09's
command prompt, type

pack <procedure name>

Or

pack* <filename>

to pack multiple procedures to a single file. The packed procedure(s) will
be placed in your current execution directory by Basic09. All you have to
do then is quit Basic09 and type the procedure or file name from the shell
to launch it.

Wayne