[Coco] CoCo Discrimination

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Fri Jul 19 12:52:33 EDT 2019

On 7/19/2019 7:55 AM, Alex Evans wrote:
> Discrimination from the people who had Crapples or Commode Doors, or
> didn't get that the PC in IBM PC stood for Piece of Crap? Plenty of
> that kind of thinking to go around.

My apologies for weighing so late, as I initially thought the post was
an attempt at humor.  I always thought the current TRS80 crowd was
comfortable with the "Trash80" moniker.  Perhaps not. I'm also a
Commodore enthusiast, and the lot of us are extremely comfortable with
being referred to as "Commies" (though, I can appreciate someone who
lived during the McCarthy era might get triggered). My issues with
"Commode Door" have nothing to do with the "smack talk" component, but
rather the fact it doesn't flow well off the tongue.  Insults, real or
in jest, land so much better if they flow.

Jim