[Coco] CoCo Discrimination

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jul 17 22:58:18 EDT 2019

On Wednesday 17 July 2019 17:46:53 Deny Wilson wrote:

> You mean Apple elitism didn't start with the Mac?

Long before the mac. I once tried to fix the email agent on a 17" mac
which slightly resembled Thor on the Amiga. Gave up as my A2000 Amiga
with a pp&s 68040 card and 64  megs of ram was easily 100x faster than
that mac.  She, a school teacher also, was out in the pucker brush so
far that a 2400 baud modem couldn't keep up with the line noise. She
eventually got a pc, and that Just Works most of the time.  Semi-private
ma & pa phone company out there. A call to the school where she taught,
about 7 miles away, was dollar a minute long distance.