[Coco] CoCo Discrimination

Mark Anderson rammdesign at msn.com
Wed Jul 17 17:41:21 EDT 2019

I have to say I'm shocked at the level of discrimination I receive when I wear my TRS-80 color computer Radio Shack black T-shirt in public, most notable, in bookstores.

In the past six months, at two different bookstores, I've had an older couple and an older gentlemen both scoff and say "Trash 80" out loud at me with a smirk on two separate occasions.

The first time, I let it go, but this last time I said "Don't say that sir.". He confronted me and said he had an Apple back in the day. I told him I was published in the Rainbow magazine at age 10 and he asked me if I still had a TRS-80. I said I had several.

Just wanted to know if anyone else here has had similar stories....

Mark