[Coco] Alternatives to Java Drive Wire.

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Mon Jul 15 15:07:01 EDT 2019

On 2019-07-15 11:37, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> As a side note,PyWire does not offer complete support of all the
> DriveWire4 functions such as Virtual Ports, DW MIDI, Virtual Printer,
> and Virtual Terminals...
> Don't get me wrong, I applaud the efforts put into PyWire, but my
> software uses the extra functions of DW4 and will not run on PyWire.
>
> B.Pierce

  I think the Java Drivewire4 server is the best, my concerns are that
  it might loose it's compatability. Packageing it as a Flatpack or
AppImage
  could solve that problem but I think that might be a violation of the
Oracle
  license terms. The python version however could be packed that way
ensuing
  ongoing compatibility.

  If the Java version can be made to work with the non Oracle GNU version
of Java
  perhaps then it could be distributed as a AppImage.