[Coco] Remove C66 and c65 or just snip one leg?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jul 8 20:08:51 EDT 2019

On Monday 08 July 2019 14:37:58 Ed Snider wrote:

> Along with R22 and R23, they create a small RC delay on the /CAS and
> /RAS lines which probably improves DRAM reliability in the standard
> configuration.  That wouldn't be needed for the SRAM based upgrades.
>
> - Ed

I've allways been under the impresion they were there to reduce the
digital noise footprint per FCC regulations.

> > On Jul 8, 2019, at 11:17 AM, rietveld rietveld
> > <rietveldh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What is the reason they are needed for a 128k coco but not a 512k or
> > bigger coco?

The increased loading of the bigger memory chips may have slowed the slew
rates of the signals enough the caps weren't needed, and or they weren't
subjected to the same tests the complete coco had to pass.