[Coco] Need to get rid of old CD-I machines

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jul 7 15:08:09 EDT 2019

It turns out, I don’t have nearly as many CD-i machines as I thought. I remember bringing a bunch to CoCoFest many years ago and selling them off there. It looks like I intentionally kept three different models.

I will post photos and info on the CoCo Facebook group.

The tri-stack development system is HEAVY HEAVY and would probably be real expensive to ship.

The other two are like old heavy VCRs, probably.

There’s only three discs (but I know I had more — I recall getting a Monty Python CD-i title, but I have no idea where it is). Two of the development style units (with SCSI ports on the back) have little carriers you put the CD in, then slide that in, rather than a normal CD tray.  I think the Magnovox one is just a normal consumer player.

I don’t know if any of these have the digital video card for playing VideoCDs.

I also do not know if any of these even power up, or what kinds of cables they need.

		— A