[Coco] Programs larger than 32K?

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Mon Jan 21 16:30:01 EST 2019

Robert Gault wrote:
> Might work but I have a different approach.
>
> 10 POKE&H968F,&H21:POKE&H96A3,&H21 20 PCLEAR0
>
> This changes the Extended Basic ROM so that it ignores the error on a
> PCLEAR0. It is described in "Extended Color Basic Unravelled".

Depends on being in all-RAM mode...

> Arthur Flexser wrote:
> > I would think that POKE&H19,&HE:POKE&HE00,0:NEW would do the equivalent of
> > PCLEAR 0, though I haven't tested this.

This is the commonly-explained way of simulating PCLEAR0.

There must be a reason nobody tends to do this:

POKE&HB7,PEEK(&HB7)-6:POKE&HBC,PEEK(&HBC)-6:PCLEAR1:POKE&HB7,PEEK(&HB7)+6:POKE&HBC,PEEK(&HBC)+6

Seems to work, and can be used as part of a program.  Resetting the values
after PCLEAR just preps it in case you re-RUN...  What am I missing?

..ciaran