[Coco] Nitros9 directory sorting

William H. Carlin, Jr. whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:10:59 EST 2019

Walter,

Stock dir will not sort.  There directory listing program called 'oskdir' that is a dir replacement that allows sorted directory listings.  I have renamed it dir2 because I like to use the sock dir more often and the program is not Y2K compliant in terms of displaying the creation and modification dates correctly.

{N2|03}/DD:dir2 -?

use: dir [opts] {dir1 dir2 ..} [{file name list}] [opts]
  -e  Extended directory listing
  -x  Execution directory listing
  -s  Sorted listing, alpha numeric order
  -u  Unformatted listing
  -w  Re-Write sorted directory
  -h  Help
  -n<=dir> Search names, <in named directory>, optional
  -r<=num> Recursive listing of directorys, <num=level>, optional

{N2|03}/DD:ident -x dir2

Header for:  Dir
Module size: $0A97    #2711
Module CRC:  $03A2A2 (Good)
Hdr parity:  $B5
Exec. off:   $003C    #60
Data Size:   $1200    #4608
Edition:     $01      #1
Ty/La At/Rv: $11 $81
Prog mod, 6809 obj, re-en, R/O

There is also a ls program that allows for sorted directory listings.  This one is also not Y2K compliant.

{N2|03}/DD:ls -?
   -c - combine dirs and files      -fo - effect o on all file entries
   -h - show hidden files.          -ao - effect o on all entries
   -i - omit subdirectory indent'n.     o: i=ignore, c=vert. column,
   -l - same as -ae                        r=rows, e=extended info.
   -r - recurse for subdirectories  -eo - set emphasis mode o:
   -s - don't sort entries              o: n=none, t=CoCo text,
   -t - show section titles                d=DMP, a=ansi, c=CoCo colors.
   -u - case sensitive wildcards    -w# - set device width to #
   -p - flip directories over files -b  - no banner
fn is either a directory or a filename to match in a directory.
   The wildcards * and ? are allowed in a filename listing.
ls, placed into PD 8-89 by Jon Howell.
Error #001 - Unconditional Abort

{N2|03}/DD:ident /dd/usr/bin/ls

Header for:  ls