[Coco] Booting Nitros9 from the VCCemudisk.vhd on a Real CoCo III

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jan 17 21:32:45 EST 2019

Walter,

Here is an example. Just keep in mind that the DW-X0.vhd will not boot into NitrOS-9 from any DW4
drive other than drive0.

Mount a .dsk floppy on DW4 dr0.
Mount YOUR DW4 VCCemudisk.vhd on DW4 dr1.
Save as AUTOEXEC.BAS on DW4 dr0
10 POKE &HD938,5:POKE &HD939,&HA0:POKE &HD93A,0
20 DRIVE #1:DOS
Now cold start your Coco and you should see the menu on the VCCemudisk.vhd .

For booting to NitrOS-9 to work given the above, you will need a new BOOT module that access DW4
drive1 instead of drive0. Your OS9Boot file will need to have a /DD essentially the same as /X1 .

Robert