[Coco] Booting Nitros9 from the VCCemudisk.vhd on a Real CoCo III

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jan 17 10:51:14 EST 2019

Walter,

You are missing some of the points that were made. :(

If you re-flash with the Drivewire HDBDOS and $5A000 offset, you will automatically run AUTOEXEC.BAS
in the Basic partition of a .vhd mounted in the first DW4 drive. That Basic program can be a menu
and at a keystroke switch your offset to $000000 if you want that. It could boot NitrOS-9 from a
boot disk on the .vhd and start NitrOS-9 from /X0 or any other /X# on DW4 with a proper boot disk.
That is your maximum flexibility given your hardware.

Even if you don't re-flash your ROM, you can still automatically run an AUTOEXEC.BAS menu on DW4
with a .dsk image in DW4 drive0. That could automatically change the offset value, switch to a
different DW4 drive and boot NitrOS-9 from that DW4 drive via a boot disk on the .vhd image or from
a .dsk image. Once in NitrOS-9, you will have access to any of the DW4 drives via the /X# descriptors.

Robert