[Coco] Upgrading a CoCo 1

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:40:55 EST 2019

On 1/16/19 5:16 PM, Neil Cherry wrote:
> On 1/16/19 4:54 PM, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>> That would be a D board - the 2nd oldest one in existence (there are a
>> very for C
>> boards). It is harder to upgrade the RAM in this version, but if you
>> can solder, it is
>> upgradeable to 64k. Others who are “hardware” gurus can help with how.
>> :-)
>
> Soldering is not an issue. EET is one of my degrees, I even know which
> end of the soldering iron to hold (and also not catch ;-) ).

I once leaned over a desk and asked someone what they were
doing and they replied with; "Do you know you just put your
hand on the soldering iron."  At that heat you never even
notice.  Third degree burn to the palm and arm in a sling
for nearly a month.  Fun shifting gears with my left hand.
I never made that mistake again.

bill