[Coco] Nitros9 Boot Process

Walter zambotti at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 16 06:10:27 EST 2019

I did it

Poke &hD938,&h5
Poke &hD939,&hA0
Poke &hD93A,0

Dir 0

Success

DOS

The emudisk quick selection menu popped up!

Press 5 to boot to OS9.

Bingo!  Success

/dd is now /x0

Of course I had to backup my 630 sector Nitros9 DW boot floppy to disk 255 of the VCCemudisk.vhd.

I did this by mounting just the last 630 sector of the vhd in DW server and then using OS9 backup to backup my boot floppy to that

So /x1 has the last 630 sectors (disk 255) of the vhd mounted
And /x2 has by newly os9gen'd 630 sector Nitros9 DW floppy mounted

Backup /x2 /x1

All done

I can now boot VCCemu disks directly from my CoCo!!!

Of course I don’t want to poke the os9 offset every time I cold start but is useful to understand the process.

Walter