[Coco] Intro + DataSheets Request

M. David Johnson mdj at bds-soft.com
Tue Jan 15 08:31:00 EST 2019

Hi -

My name is M. David (Dave) Johnson and, like many of you, I just
rediscovered the CoCo after many years of absence.

I got my toes wet with the VCC Emulator, and now I've purchased a 64K CoCo2
from the colorcomputerstore. I also picked up a floppy controller and a 7"
TFT LCD monitor on ebay, some cables from Cloud9, and a CoCoSDC and (on
order) a CoCoVGA from Zippster.

When I voided my Warranty and opened the CoCo to verify that the MC6847 was
socketed, I had a stray thought concerning a possibly different method of
emulation.

So, I also I checked the other IC chips and then went out to the internet to
try to locate DataSheets on them. I was successful with most, but some I
could not find. Would anyone here happen to have (or know where I might
locate) DataSheets for the following:

U1 - SC77527P 8345 SALT (possibly custom by Tandy),

U3 - SC77526P 8352 DAC (possibly custom by Tandy),

U12 - 8040364B 8340 ROM Basic (perhaps vaguely similar to a M2764A 8K x 8
EPROM ??),

U13 - SCM92135P 8042364A 8343 ROM Extended Basic (perhaps vaguely similar to
a M2764A 8K x 8 EPROM ??),

U14 through U21 - 8040665 PQD8350 64K x 1 DRAM (possibly similar to a 4164)?

--

M. David Johnson

mdj at bds-soft.com