[Coco] Formatting DriveWire virtual disks and floppies.

Walter zambotti at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 14 06:21:06 EST 2019

Ok so I tried to format a blank 360K floppy on /x1 using Nitros9

If I give all the options like so:

Format /x1 2 "Test" `40`

It complains the device is not supported.

If I just do:

Format /x1

It displays some info that the disk is 18432 sectors long is a hard drive
and do I really want to proceed.

In fact it doesn't matter what size blank virtual floppy I mount in
DriveWire (165k, 320K, 360K) it always reports this number of sectors.

If I proceed it succeeds. Not sure how when the floppy only has 1440
sectors.

I can then perform a free and it succeeds.

The Nitros-9 manual indicates the format commands has no options!

Any ideas how I might format a 1512 sector (42 track ds) DW floppy?

Walter