[Coco] Dual Aracde 1up conversion

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:17:04 EST 2019

My first video game system as a kid was the Atari 2600.
My first computer durring that same time period was the RadioShack Color Computer2.

This is my Arcade 1up converted to a dual purpose retro machine letting me relive my youth with both systems.

I am using both an Atari 2600 and a RadioShack Coco2 motherboard instead of emulation.  I made a custom joystick platform with dual pistol grib controllers.  The right controller works with the Atari while the left is for the Coco.  The single Atari joystick works with all games since the single player games used the same joystick input consistent ly.  The Coco is a different story as some games used the right controller port and others used the left; as a result of this I made a custom 'y' cable to tie the single pistol grib to both right and left ports of the coco motherboard.

An 'A/B' switch on the back of the Arcade 1up switches easily between either system as seen in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c81CESvwVXY