[Coco] Nitros9 DW4 and creating virtual floppies

Walter zambotti at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 12 11:10:48 EST 2019

I have downloaded the preformatted virtual floppies from the archive and
they work well but I would like to make a 42 double sided virtual floppy.

I have create an empty file using fsutil of the correct length using this
command :

fsutil file createnew 378K-BLANK.DSK 387072

I can load the image in DW4 but when I try to format it with :

format /x1 2 "My Floppy" '42'

It indicates the device does not support formatting.

How do I created a formatted virtual floppy?

Walter