[Coco] OT: pacemaker

James C. Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 17:48:12 EST 2019

Got one of those, too, Gene.  Its a remote monitor.  Every night at 3 AM ET calls home and reports on my status.  Mine doesn’t have a phone line; it has its own built-in cell phone.  At first they sent me 2 units that had phone jacks & cords, but then they sent the cellular unit.  I asked what to do with the corded ones, they said I should just ignore them - Medicare paid for it.  So I have 2 doohickeys that look sort of like hockey pucks sitting here doing nothing.  I wonder if I could hack them to make some kind of modem?    If you have decent cellular service, maybe you should ask for one of the cell types.

Strange that they didn’t tell you about that in the lab.  Or didn’t they bother to calibrate the pacemaker before you went home?