[Coco] Latest C Compiler Chain

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Tue Jan 1 22:37:00 EST 2019

Guillaume has put the

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Programming/CoCo%20OS-9%20Climax%20C%20Compiler.zip

Up on the colorcomputerarchive.

This contains the files for the post I made to TandyCoCo.Forums ~ 2011.

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Manuals/Programming/Tandy%20CoCo%20OS-9%20C%20Compiler%20Discussion%20%28Stephen%20Fischer%29.pdf

Willard did the heavy lifting searching the Internet for the latest
versions of the "C" Compiler.

After I collected the files he listed I checked and they were the exact
files I was using so the collection was in use by myself and others.

One of the disks has the entire "C" Compiler chain ready to transfer to
your CMDS directory.

The documentation for all the programs is in another file.

I think some source files are not included as they were to be made
available at a later date. The discussion leading up to there files is
included.

Happy New Year

SHF

There are about three - five groups interested in the C Compiler.

1) Those who are wanting to recreate their experience from decades ago
and are interested only in the original Tandy stuff.

2) Those who are interested in the efforts Gene, Dean, Willard... did to
improve the C Compiler. (That's the CLIMAX effort that I have given you.)

3) Those who wish to improve on the CLIMAX effort and thus would be
interested in ALL the sources.

4) Those who think (Withheld) who shouts a lot and actually does things
is going to produce a better C Compiler than the CLIMAX effort did in 2011.

5) The developer and users of the new C Compiler which in time may be
the best.