[Coco] CoCo 3 memory expansion questions

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Feb 3 11:50:07 EST 2019

On 2/3/2019 9:38 AM, Frank Swygert wrote:
> I don't think you can use ANY memory expansion at all.
Um, I'd say that is a pretty strong statement, and likely to be false.
> The Sardis ST2900
> appears to be made from the Motorola 6809 spec sheet, much the same as the
> CoCo 1 and 2.

As such, something like CoCoMEM Jr (a 2MB RAM expansion under
development for the CoCo1/2) should work in this unit, along with
similar units.

In this particular case, it looks like the Jr unit would need to be
modified, as the ST2900 uses a 6809, not a 6809E, so the pinout has to
be adapted.  Not a huge deal.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com