[Coco] CoCo 3 memory expansion questions

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Feb 2 17:19:29 EST 2019

On 2/2/2019 4:02 PM, Neil Cherry wrote:
> I've ordered the Boomerang board (with the buffer board) and I'm
> trying to
> understand what I'm hooking up (for better documentation). Does anyone
> have
> a Coco 3 schematic with the 2 memory connections? I'm trying to
> understand
> what is connected to what. I think I can use the same board on my Sardis
> ST2900 (a partial clone of the CoCo.

The 2 connectors bring out your standard 16 bit DRAM complement of signals:

RAS

CAS

D0-D15

ADDRESS0-ADDRESS8 (multiplexed, as DRAM addresses are)

WE0 (write to data 0-7)

WE1 (write to write to data 8-15)

+5V

GND

I put a EAGLE library online with the connector pinout at:

https://github.com/go4retro/EAGLE_lbr/blob/master/coco.lbr

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com