[Coco] 2 Meg memory problem

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Dec 31 16:46:40 EST 2019

Chris
Can you please provide the exact test case and I will try and duplicate it here.
Thanks
Mark

Sent from Frontier Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:10 PM, Christopher R. Hawks<chawks at dls.net> wrote:
    I'm seeing a strange problem with my CoCo3 running a Cloud9 2 Meg
memory board.

    When I searched online for similar problems, I found a message in
the CoCo facebook group describing something similar. BUT, the problem
I'm seeing is only with screen types 7 and 8 running under NitrOS9 (at
double speed). (NitrOS-9 updated yesterday) I can create and use screens
up to type 6 (16k of memory), but screen types 7 and 8 (32k of memory)
crash the system. Even a 'wcreate /w1 -s=8 0 0 40 24 1 0 0' from the
command line crashes the system.

    If I POKE &HFF9B,&H80 (disable 2 meg) before booting, the bigger
screens work fine.

    Any ideas, suggestions, or guesses? I need 320x240 in 8 colors.

Thanks!!

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
They may be on to something!