[Coco] Interrupt Vectors Physical Location ???

M. David Johnson mdj at bds-soft.com
Sat Dec 28 17:01:00 EST 2019

$FFF2 through $FFFF provide the CoCo's interrupt vectors, i.e. RESET, IRQ, SWI2, etc.

Since these can't be changed, and are present the moment you turn the CoCo on, I'm guessing they're in ROM.

But, physically where??

I don't think they can be in any of the 8K ROM chips because none of those reach the $FFF2 address (although the BASIC ROM mirrors the vectors in $BFF2 through $BFFF).

For example, if I wanted to jump to $0000 on startup instead of to $A027 or $8C1B, which piece of hardware would I need to remove and replace?

I've gone through the Unravelled books and the Technical Reference Manual. Am I perhaps just missing something?

--
M. David Johnson
mdj at bds-soft.com