[Coco] NitrOS9 boot problems

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:47:08 EST 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 3:35 AM Alex Evans wrote:

> I have a previously working boot on my SuperIDE that has stopped
> working. It starts up, then shows:
> A list of modules as they are loaded. After Clock2 it shows i2xto*W
> and NITROS9 BOOT FAILED
>  What error code is indicated, I know that it has previously been
> posted how to figure this out.

Hi Alex,

When you see an error like "*W" you must take the ASCII value of W and
add 128 to get the error number, so 87 + 128 = 215. On a working
system you can run "error 215" to see what it means.

215 in hexadecimal is $D7, and
https://nitros9.sourceforge.io/wiki/index.php/System_Error_Codes says
this is "BAD PATHNAME".

The references here are useful:
https://nitros9.sourceforge.io/wiki/index.php/The_NitrOS-9_Boot_Process_Explained

In your case, it seems it reaches "o" - opening the console. Maybe the
terminal name specified in your init module is not correct? Or is not
found in the boot file, although I would have expected "PATH NAME NOT
FOUND" in that case, not sure.

Maybe you can tell us what you have changed since last successful
boot, how you have regenerated the boot file etc.

Regards,
Tormod