[Coco] VCC 2.0.2 with full 6309 emulation. Runs Nitros9 EOU 6309.

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 11:06:21 EST 2019

 Thanks, I am trying this out.

Will the 32-bit version run on a 64-bit Windows? Does it need a specific Windows version? I am trying it out on Win 7 Pro.

I downloaded all the files, got coco3.rom fro the Color Computer Archive site, location: Root / ROMs / ROC v0.83a ROMs / Coco3

Is this the correct ROM file?

I ran VCC and got the following message:

Vcc has stopped working.
Three options:

Check online for a solution and close the program
Close the program
Debug the program

I then opened vcc.ini to have a look inside and found the following:

SWPOSITION=3
SLOT1=Z:\home\wallyz\Downloads\CoCo\VCC\Dungeons of Daggorath (1982) (26-3093) (DynaMicro) [!].dll
SLOT2=
SLOT3=fd502.dll
SLOT4=harddisk.dll
[Hard Drive]
VHDImage=
[FD-502]
DiskRom=2
RomPath=
Persist=1
Disk#0=C:\Users\lab.CCSFORENSIC\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\VCC\__obj\x64\Debug\vcc\out\63emu.dsk
Disk#1=
Disk#2=
Disk#3=

I don;t have DoD, much less drive Z:, so I removed the file spec. Also, my 63emu.dsk is in the same folder where I downloaded the files, so I removed the path spec. The resulting two lines look like this:

SLOT1=

Disk#0=63emu.dsk

Saved vcc.ini and ran vcc. I got the same message. Am I missing something? If I need a 32-bit Windows I can try it again once I get home.

Thanks! Salvador