[Coco] Need some tips debugging 6309 for OVCC

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 3 19:00:28 EST 2019

Curtis

It manages to boot completely and setup 3 other windows.  It even creates the vterm window successfully.  The only thing causing the crash is the merge command that is loading the fonts.

I would assume this would cause the graphics driver to kick into gear.  So if I avoid any graphics I seem to be ok.

I've even run basic09 (6309) and tried some simple division and multiplication math. Seems ok!

I have now looked at MAME 6309 code and it is basically an abstraction layer to a general purpose device emulator within MAME. There is no chance of extracting the 6309 cpu component and running it independently of MAME.

So I will not be able to compare the MAME 6309 cpu to the VCC or OVCC 6309 cpu.

I now have to identify the culprit instructions!

Walter