[Coco] looking for latest toolshed location

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Dec 2 04:38:04 EST 2019

On Monday 02 December 2019 00:25:14 Walter Zambotti wrote:

> Bill
>
> I have debugged and managed to get the MW cross compiler working on
> Linux for :
>
> Coprep
> Cocomp
> Coopt
>
> I also have ansifront working on Linux.
>
> So the only things I need are a relocating assembler and a linker.
>
> I was hoping casm from toolshed or lwasm from lwtools would do the
> assembly but alas I cannot get casm to work and lwasm appears not to
> support Os9 asm format.
>
> Seems weird the Nitros9 developers opted for an assembler format
> different from c.asm!

lwtools has worked flawlessly here for several years now. The complete
nitros9 suite you can get from my web page was built with lwasm.

> I'm kind of hoping it is just me and I'm not using the right
> combination of options!

I'd suspect something along that path. Look at the makefile's, defsfile's
and rules.make in the nitros9 tarball. I'm not in a position to try a
new build ATM as I just barely have kmail running on this old memory
starved Dell.