[Coco] Basic09 INPUT - Is this safe.

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:18:52 EDT 2019

On 8/15/19 11:09 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2019, at 9:53 AM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But that doesn't smash any other variables.  It just runs out
>> of space and kills the program.
>
> Yes, that’s all I’m meaning - a program crash.

Oh, I see.  The original poster was asking about variable smashing
caused by the data exceeding the storage space allocated for the
STRING Variable.  I think they were thinking along the lines of
C's ability to do that.  COBOL is another one that has that
problem.  Fortran might also but I have never tried to do it.  :-)

bill