[Coco] The dire condition of software documentation..

Firehawke firehawke-mame at sanctuarycrew.com
Fri Aug 9 16:40:10 EDT 2019

It’s good to hear from you again. I hadn’t seen you on Bannister in a few years.

I’m familiar with the archive (and had been using the manuals exactly as you suggested), but I’m not entirely certain how good those disk dumps are in general. I’d hit a few oddities with one of the OS-9 boot disks refusing to boot in MAME (which is another one of the reasons I actually wanted to make contact with the community; having access to anyone at all who could doublecheck the oddball cases on real hardware would be worthwhile) and the size of the images in TOSEC’s set is easily twice as large for the OS-9 disks.

I’m guessing at this point you’d consider that archive to be essentially the canonical source for the community these days? TOSEC’s asking me if I want to take over the CoCo DAT, so I’m looking at this from the angle that the work I’m doing will be going into both MAME and TOSEC’s databases.