[Coco] OT: Doctorate student is looking for internship

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 20:57:32 EDT 2019

Hi all,
A doctoral student, who is the son of a good friend, is working towards his doctorate at the Iowa State University. He is originally from Mexico where he got his bachelor's and master's degrees. Currently, he is looking for an internship anywhere in the US, and if possible, in Canada. He is willing to relocate. Please contact me off list with nay recommendations or advice. Thanks! Salvador

To whom it may concern,

My name is Guillermo Jesus Laguna, I am a PhD student ofMechanical Engineering looking for a (paid) internship position either as aresearch scientist (in robotics), as a robotics/control engineer or as asoftware engineer. I have a bachelor’s degree in mechatronics engineering fromthe University of Guanajuato (Mexico), a master’s degree in computer scienceand applied math from the Centro de Investigacion en Matematicas (which standsfor, Center of Mathematical Research) in Mexico, and currently I am pursuing adoctorate degree at the Iowa State University (US).

I am looking for an internship starting at the end of Mayand finishing at the end of August of this year (or for a full-time positionstarting in January/February of the next year since I am planning to graduateon December of this year). Regarding the work location, I do not have anyconstraint as long as it is a paid internship, I can work anywhere in US(through the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for F-1 visa holders).Sincerely, Guillermo Jesus Laguna