[Coco] Off-Topic MSDOS Emulation

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 23 21:28:55 EDT 2019

Sorry for the off-topic question, but I’m fairly sure someone on the list might have an opinion.

My father-in-law died a year ago.  He was using my very old Windows computer to run an MSDOS based genealogy program.  That computer is no longer functional, but I removed both IDE hard drives, and was able to copy all the genealogy data and program to my Win 10 computer using a USB adapter.  Since 64-bit Win 10 does not run DOS based programs, I was looking at 2 emulators, vDOS and DOSBOX.  Most comments I’ve read about DOSBOX deal with running old DOS-based games.  vDOS seems to be made more for other applications, but I can’t see why either would have a problem running this DOS genealogy program.

Do any of you have any experience using either program?  I’d appreciate any comments before I spend a lot of time learning to use one or the other.

Thanks!

--- Steve Ostrom ---