[Coco] Disk Drive FD 501 Floppy

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Apr 15 08:10:50 EDT 2019

If you try to use the drive when cold with the cover off, you ought to see visual evidence of
lubrication problems. The head might not move fast enough along the guide rails. The drive strobe
might not spin at the correct speed.
As the drive warms up, you should see these movements increase in speed if there is a lubrication
problem.

Robert