[Coco] From the "not only is the horse out of the barn, but the barn has collapsed dept"

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:58:24 EDT 2019

I could go into the RadioShack bankruptcy in depth myself, as I predicted
it 20 years in advance of it happening (I was off by a week as to when it
would occur, but I was dead on as to who would rescue Radioshack from
extinction and the second bankruptcy that occurred) and even told the
RadioShack board of directors how to avoid it. But, in short, the author of
the article above may have stumbled onto a contributing factor, but he
missed the root cause that started the whole thing. The Board of directors
caved to the demand of investors to sell off their manufacturing (which
started with the computer division, instead of selling their products to
their competition. If RadioShack had continued to manufacture product and
sold their brand of products to other companies, the companies buying
RadioShack brand products would have kept the company afloat financially
for an indefinite time.

I was a store manager, and stock holder for them when they made this stupid
decision. In college my Business Management term paper was a study of
RadioShack from founding until 1991 when I wrote the paper. As an
employee-stock holder I had access to information the general public and
non-employee stock holders didn't, and in some cases had access to
information before other stock holders and the public. Which is why
employees were restricted from selling their stock at certain times of the
year, because RadioShack would release information to employee-stock
holders before the general stock holders.