[Coco] Nitros9 and Set Status Call SS.AScrn

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Wed Apr 10 22:14:00 EDT 2019

I have never looked at the NitrOS-9 Window descriptors but the Tandy set
on the OS-9 Level-II had errors. Yes they showed how to have multiple
windows on the same screen, but useless.

I replaced all the descriptors with a more useful set having 80 x 12, 40
x 12. I used two 80 x 12 windows on the same screen quite often but one
80 x 12 and two 40 x 12 were used more often. I created asm source which
I believe is on

  http://cococoding.com/sfischer/SHF%20OS-9%20Disks/Z/SHF97.DSK

  80 Tracks, Two Sides, DNS =3!

but as I so not have the time due to other tasks (TAXES) I cannot verify.

Now as to the window usage that has problems,

/W is not actually a window descriptor but NitrOS-9 (And OS-9) looks for
the first free window descriptor and uses that instead.

So if, "/W1" is not in use it will be used otherwise the next free
window (W2, W3, W4...)

I seldom if ever used any VDG window but normally used "/W" to open
another window with the first n windows being 80 x 24 with different
border colors.

If the asm source is not on SHF97 please report and I will look further
after taxes.

SHF