[Coco] CoCo memory map WAS EDTASM Memory Map

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Apr 7 13:35:44 EDT 2019

Stephen,

I told you exactly what you are asking. If you enter O in the EDTASM editor without any source code
having been loaded, you will see under FIRST the lowest available memory and under LAST the highest
available memory. Obviously as you add source code, FIRST will increase to indicate the size of the
source code.

EDTASM runs in all RAM mode but will switch to RAM/ROM if any of the Basic ROM code is needed by the
program. That means you can overwrite the ROMS if you want and test the changes with ZBUG.

So your code could be placed between FIRST and LAST but will not work when EDTASM6309 switches to
RAM/ROM mode to use some of the ROM code. In sort, you will need to run tests to see if you can
interface with EDTASM6309.
 From what you have said so far, I'd guess your code won't work. You would do better with an RGB
monitor connected to your Coco3.

Robert