[Coco] Mame on debian wheezy

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Mon Sep 24 19:36:52 EDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2018年9月25日(火) 1:59 tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org>:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > It looks like the great merge happened in 2015, so it appears to be
>> before
>> > the merge. Now what? I think this is the latest version from wheezy
>> > repositories. But wheezy was active until 2016.
>>
>> Option one: Look for a MESS package.
>>
>> Option two. Compile your own from github.
>>
>> I like option two because it allows me to add the EMUBRK opcode to the
>> 6809 and 6309 cores
>>

> Do tell.

A long time ago I added an opcode to the 6809 and 6309 cores in MAME
that would cause the emulation to stop and breaking into the MAME
debugger. They would never accept such a change so I posted it on my
website.

At some point the CPU cores were completely rewritten and my patch
didn't work anymore. But Erik Gavriluk ported them over with a bunch
of other additions to his MAME fork:

https://github.com/milliluk/mame

All his stuff is good, but I only need EMUBRK:

https://gist.github.com/tlindner/d33dfc04fac31eefc04b694f2ae92843#file-emubrk-diff

The opcode is $113e.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."