[Coco] Mame on debian wheezy

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Sep 24 13:24:46 EDT 2018

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 01:00:06 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the packages I could find. Not sure I installed all the
> packages necessary on wheezy.
>
> I put coco3.rom and disk11.rom in a folder called coco3 in
> $HOME/mame/roms and tried running mame with no argument. It tells me
> no games found, check rom path.
>
> Putting a zipped archive of the same there gives me the same results.
>
> Running mame coco3 gives me unknown system coco3, approximately
> matches cobram3, sc2cops and a bunch of other stuff I'm not
> interested in.
>
> Mame -verifyroms gives me no matching games.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

    Not 'in a folder called coco3 in $HOME/mame/roms' in the folder
"$HOME/mame/roms'.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Aquarius (January 21 - February 18)

  Remember:  Unexpressed feelings don't die.  They are buried alive
  and emerge later as Border Collies.  So don't hold anything back!
  Tell everyone what you REALLY think of them!  You may lose your
  job, family and friends, but you won't have a crazed, hyperactive
  animal hounding your every step.