[Coco] Mame on debian wheezy

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:00:06 EDT 2018

I installed the packages I could find. Not sure I installed all the
packages necessary on wheezy.

I put coco3.rom and disk11.rom in a folder called coco3 in $HOME/mame/roms
and tried running mame with no argument. It tells me no games found, check
rom path.

Putting a zipped archive of the same there gives me the same results.

Running mame coco3 gives me unknown system coco3, approximately matches
cobram3, sc2cops and a bunch of other stuff I'm not interested in.

Mame -verifyroms gives me no matching games.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?