[Coco] Coco and black and white tv

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:06:28 EDT 2018

Ah, yes.  I also managed to save enough money back in the day to get a Color Computer 2 (first gen, with the melted keyboard) but did NOT have enough money for a color TV.

I remember getting it all hooked up and for the next few months wondering at my decision to purchase a "color" computer without any way of actually seeing color.

Finally, I saved up for a 13" Magnavox with color.  This was an unusual TV and actually cost a little more.  It had a button on it that put it into "display" or "computer" mode - I don't remember the exact nomenclature.  But it made a visible difference.  It still used the TV slider control box to connect, but sharpened the image and got rid of most of the waviness that the TV would show.

Good memories,
John