[Coco] Model 1 tv adapter?

Al Hartman alhartman6 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 23 23:48:05 EDT 2018

The Model I TRS-80 used a 5 pin DIN because besides the composite and ground, it supplied a voltage to the monitor which needed it supplied by an outside source as it had a hot chassis.

A Coco uses either an RCA to RCA going into a TV/Antenna Switchbox, or you can install internally a composite video adapter.

There were several back in the day, and if you're handy there were articles in Rainbow and Hot Coco magazines on how to build one.

I would look into the CocoVGA ( http://www.cocovga.com/ ) as it will give you a much nicer display than Composite, plus you get lowercase as well.

-[ Al ]-
On 9/23/2018 8:05:50 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:

On 09/23/2018 07:57 PM, rietveld rietveld wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get an adapter to connect my model 1 to a tv or composite monitor?

Not TV or composite, but you might look at this.

http://bartlettlabs.com/MISE/

I have one for my Model I and Model4P.

bill