[Coco] what is a Tandy Assembly "Tandy" computer ?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Sep 17 20:08:30 EDT 2018

On 9/17/2018 6:09 PM, rietveld rietveld wrote:
> Just wanted to hear some thought on this question.
>

> Is a RS sold IBM Aptiva or Compaq Presario a Tandy Product?
>

> What about the TDP-100 (made by Tandy) for sale outside of RS stores?

I am not the TANDY Assembly police, but most classic communities define
it as a product having some unique DNA associated with the company.

Besides the units designed by TANDY/RS, I think the following qualify:

  * TANDY 10 (rare, doubtful it was offered outside RS)
  * TANDY calculators (rebranded Sharp and such machines, but were most
    notable as being sold via RS)
  * TANDY 100 line (again, rebranded, but very much considered a TANDY
    product)

I doubt the slew of PC compatibles sold would qualify, and I don't think
they were branded TRS anyway.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com