[Coco] CoCo MECH mechanical keyboard project

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Sep 14 21:45:10 EDT 2018

There is a part number on the board (all CoCo boards to the best of my
knowledge) that ends in the earlier grey CoCo 1s that ends in a "D", "E"
or "283".  The 283 board is sometimes referred to as the "F" board had
no provision for 4k chips and used the mylar keyboard like the CoCo 2s.
64k support was built in.  There may have been a very few "B" boards in
the wild, given your low serial number and that I have not verified that
those earliest CoCos had the letter, I really can't be sure without
seeing that board number.
I do have a 4k CoCo 1 with the "D" board in my collection.  ATM I do not
know the serial number.  I also have a caseless "D" board from a hacked
up CoCo.  However, no case = no serial number.
Bruce W.