[Coco] Nitros9 EOU

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 3 20:46:50 EDT 2018

If you have experience building boot files (and it sounds like you do), then you can update a few modules that have changed in the EOU vs. the 3.3.0 release (actually, a few might be in the current repository builds now too, like krnp3). It does have minor patches to CoWin for sure, and maybe one or two more modules. Some fonts have changed, gshell has had some changes, rogue has had some changes, Basic09/Runb have had some changes, etc.

We do plan on adding other hardware support (like Drivewire, etc. - and the existing drivers should work), but in order to make it easier tracking down bugs, we are sticking with emulators/CocoSDC for the time being until we finish fixing bugs and adding specific features. Then, we will start making other builds for more varied hardware (or, at least, instructions on what to grab from where to do so).

If Bill Nobel reads this, I think he has experimented with that side of things more than I have, and may be able to give you more specific answers to your questions. I have been solely concentrating on the “core” system requirements, until we get the added features/bug fixes completed (it’s a pretty long list).

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html