[Coco] CoCo-XT RTC ROM and disk

John Mautz ejmautz2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:21:04 EDT 2018

Rietveld,

I didn't get your email with the editor, but since you posted the name, I
was able to download it (maybe google ate it if were an exe file).  There
are 5 bytes on the XTROM30.bin file at the beginning that are not on the 23
ROM, so I nuked those saved as a test and burned a ROM.  I now get the boot
logo COCO3 XT-ROM VERSION 3.0 and it does tests the first 512K of memory in
my CoCo3.  So that is progress.

I'm not sure where the end of the program really is so I didn't try to chop
anything off the ROM bin file.

They put an Easter egg of the the game of Life so I can see some of that
test in the ROM file so at least to me it makes it hard to tell where the
end of the ROM is vs the junk.

Now with the splash screen and memory checker in place, there is at least
one difference...  On the 2.3 ROM if I turn the hard drive off, it check's
the floppy drive and then dumps to a READY prompt.  With the state of my
3.0 ROM, it just sits there after the memory check.  So still more work to
do but things are better.  If someone knows this ROM magic, I'm willing to
share my 2.3 and edited 3.0 file.

Thanks,
John.