[Coco] Direct page register question

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Tue Oct 30 16:21:22 EDT 2018

On 2018-10-30 2:10 p.m., Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
> Or use an n-pass assembler which generates another pass if addressing
> isn't stable!  Native assemblers likely going to be limited, but a
> cross-assembler might do it.  e.g., asm6809 output:
>
> 4000                          org $4000
> 4000                          setdp $00
> 4000  9685                    lda symbol
> 0085                  symbol  equ $85

Well, if you want to get clever about it, sure. :)

lwasm has a similar mode with different mechanics, which behaves badly
in the time domain on large source code with many forward references. (I
think it has some algorithms with complexity classes that make Spolsky's
Schlemiel look downright efficient.)