[Coco] A GOOD Monitor choice...

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 22:51:59 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

I’veseen that quite a few of you guys (and Gals) that have been lookingfor a small portable (and cheap) TV Monitor for use with your CoCo’s(whether it’s a CoCo 1, 2, or 3) and I think I’ve found one thatwill fit your bill.

Irecently purchased an Eyoyo 12 inch TFT LCD Monitor from E-Bay for$83.99, which wasn’t too bad, considering what I got for it. I’msure that you can probably find them on Amazon as well as here. Justcheck for yourselves...

ThisMonitor gives you the choice of using either the Composite Input orthe VGA Input or the HDMI Input, so you’ve got a good choice ofwhich inputs you want to use. I can tell you that it does work withRoy Justas’s VGA Adapter very well as I have one of Roy’s VGAAdapters. I also just purchased a new SCART to HDMI Adapter but haveyet to order a “Switch-A-Roo” Cable so I can use this with theHDMI Input.

Sodepending on whether you get a “Switch-A-Roo” Cable (for use witha SCART to HDMI Adapter), or one of Roy’s VGA Adapters or one ofthe other options (or boards that are out there for either the CoCo 1or 2) then you should be well covered and all set to go.

TheMonitor comes with a remote so you can control it remotely (which isnice). It also has a bunch of different options (from the MENU) whensetting it up. In fact it has so many options when 1stsetting it up, that I cannot remember all of them. A few of theoptions I do remember, is that you have the traditional ZOOM Option.Another option (that I do like) is that when setting this Monitor upyou are not limited to mounting the Monitor (or standing it) in thetraditional horizontal position. This monitor has the option toROTATE the picture 360 degrees (which I like).

Inthe box you get the following. A traditional Power Brick (AC Type), aTV stand (that both tilts and rotates), a Remote Control (nobatteries though), a Composite Cable (with left and right AudioConnections as well as Video), an HDMI Cable, and lastly (of course)an instruction sheet. The only thing not included in the box is a VGACable, but I was able to buy a used VGA Cable for $3.00 at the localPC store. So no big deal…

Anyway,if you’re interested in buying a fairly cheap Monitor that has manyoptions (and features) then you might want to check this one out foryourselves. It might also come in different sizes as well. I thinkit’s well worth the price and performs very well… Check it out…For me, it was a good buy...

Hopethis helps when you make your choice.

Takecare…

Joe...